Monday, July 09, 2007

The Death of Whimsy


Animals In War
Originally uploaded by Gringcorp.
Grabbed this shot of a war memorial during my recent, and prolonged, stay in London. This memorial, which only the British would think of putting up (subtitle: "THEY HAD NO CHOICE") is located not far from the garage where one of the recent bomb plot vehicles was parked. I caught it as I was leaving a nearby conference.

I had until fairly recently been confident that there is this obstinate cast of mind in the British that outshone the Americans' own strand of bloody-mindedness. Now I'm not so sure. I'll try and explain this at length in a later post.

1 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why, but I love this. Really, I do. Can't wait for the lengthy explanation.--Bazza

 

Post a Comment

<< Home