Sunday, December 31, 2006

Fish Talez


Well it's almost the end of 2006, and I've done precious little navel-gazing so far. In fact, I'm done precious little posting of late, and I'll need to wait and see whether I can get my mojo back in 2007 or whether I'll be ever further seduced by the charms of being paid to write boring articles. What's the word I'm looking for? Oh that's right. HACK.

In the meantime, here's the promised, if not anticipated, review of top Asian fusion cuisine and possible sockpuppetry purveyor Picasso, on Fifth Avenue and Prospect.

The twist here is that it was Mrs. Cutesome that visited and not I, since I was back in the old country experiencing stomach cramps at the time. Take it away, milady:

"I went there the other day for take-out on the way back from the D train. Luscious Foods was closed, since it was after 8.30, but I had a yen for sushi. I ordered the spicy tuna roll, the yellowtail scallion, and maybe a salmon roll. I found the staff very nice [especially since on this occasion they were being staff and not pretending to be customers, non? - Snark Ed.]. They assembled my takeout order very quickly and packaged it nicely. The place was quiet and while I found the decor disconcerting, it is certainly a little bit more charming than Kiku's West elm stylings. I found the fish to be plentiful and tasty, and pretty much on a par with most mid-level places in the Slope. I think it will give Kiku, in particular, a run for its money.

As you can tell, I did not merely marry her for her outstanding (if to you hypothetical) beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home