Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Whose Guitar Is It Anyway?


Sorry, this is the same Pitchfork that we know and love and trust with arcane musical knowledge? Why then did it breathlessly lead yesterday with the news that the Wu-Tang were going to cover "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", as if this was the most unnatural pairing since Arthur Miller and Marilyn Monroe?

I mean, I'm just a white-boy Scandinavian rock fan, but even I recall that Ghostface got there three years ago, and, um, Pitchfork lamented its exclusion from his album. Probably a good opportunity for a wee little tune, and to remind you of the scene of Withnail's return to London.

Ghostface Killah - "My Guitar"
Buy "Pretty Toney" here. But, since, "My Guitar" never made it on there, and we do know how much the remaining Beatles and the heirs of the dead ones like to get real paid, better buy the "White Album" just to be safe. Actually, wait. why not just buy "Withnail & I" on DVD, and that way George Harrison's heirs get paid directly? Sorted

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home