Friday, March 14, 2008

I Might Be Wrong. What Of It?

OK, well maybe Paterson is less inclined to support scammy mega-developments than I'd previously assumed. It looks like we have a genuine foe of eminent domain in the Governor's mansion, just as Spitzer was probably less friendly to the monolines than I'd earlier asserted. But I'll double down my bet here: I still think Atlantic Yards' Brooklyn Democrat/ACORN/dubious grassroots groups/Bloomberg/real estate interests coalition is durable. And I think Paterson, even after passing the budget will have bigger things to take down than Ratner's folly, awful value-for-money though it is.

On another note, did anyone else watch watch top Spitzer-enemy Joe Bruno's solemn "my thoughts are with the family" TV appearance this morning? You know how sometimes people are described as smiling using only their eyes? Yeah, he was doing that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home