Monday, April 09, 2007

Prospect Post

I lived at 288 Prospect Place for a year a while back, and while most of my life revolved around the trek west to bars and subways and so forth, it would not be uncommon for me to head East to Underhill Avenue, rather than West to Vanderbilt Avenue, where the supermarket, bar and high-end Osteria were. One reason I did not go east more often was that the bodega on the corner was utterly balls, with a 50/50 chance of having milk on a good day. Better, usually, to walk an extra block down Vanderbilt than risk one's coffee getting even colder.

But I never noticed that the bodega was a peculiar shape, and behind it a town house is facing in a funny direction. Fortunately, someone else did, and has put together a deliriously fun post on the subject. By "deliriously fun", I mean, "deliriously fun to those of us that obsess about forgotten corners of Brooklyn."

The only thing I'll pull up, and that only to pre-empt No Land Grab's Lumi, is that the author seems to have accepted the developers of the Atlantic Yards project's renaming of the Vanderbilt rail yards, although he acknowledges that there is a difference of opinion here, and that the name has changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home