Thursday, July 26, 2007

Cheap No More

Today will be as busy as yesterday, so the main improvement on yesterday's somewhat brusque post will be that this video is embedded. Pretty!

This post is somewhat premature, but I'm going to get it out there anyway. It will also prepare me for some of the arguments I will need to unleash when discussing next month's Sugarzine column's subject matter.



I've never been able to decide whether Faith No More's song "Everything's Ruined" was a fairly clever commentary on 1992-era capitalism, which was stuck in recession and still carrying memories from the 1987 crash, or a very clever way of using it to beat the baby boomer generation over the head with the fruits of their self-absorbtion.

Either way, it will make a fairly apt soundtrack to whatever hideousness emerges from the End Of Private Equity. Never mind the metal, just feel the Alphaville headlines. I have to assume I'm not the only ex-grunge kid that ended up writing about money, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home