Thursday, January 12, 2006

Booze Reduction

Last night was a night fashioned from purest indoors. After the boisterous, albeit sparse, fare on offer at Otto on Tuesday, it was time for a rest. So I tootled around for a while at work, and played train roulette on the yellow subway line.

The N disgorged me at Pacific Street. It was at this point that I decided that this would not be a complete night in, but one whereby I sampled some local produce on the way back to the sweet embrace of the A-Team.

Which is a rather long-winded way of saying I finally visited the Black Sheep bar, after several weeks of speculating wildly on the internet about it. I had wondered whether this would be a true metal anger limey real ale bar.

No such luck. It's solidly Irish, owned by a couple of Celtic fans. It used to a be a bubble tea bar, and served for a few months as an extension of Deshima's sushi bar. It has tiled floors and is a tad cavernous. More decoration, in my humble opinion, is needed for it to be truly cozy. It shouldn't be that hard to have at the Gate or O'Connors.

Anyway, this post ws meant to be done hours ago, and isn't. So I'll lurch wildly into some music I've been meaning to post for a while. It's by the Reducers, who aren't as punk as I'd have hoped, but are pretty stroppy nonetheless. Christgau seemed slightly fond of them, although this this kind of an uncomplicated kind of New England rock made by the cockroaches of music. They will live for ever.

Not as goood as Rave On!, by all accounts, but "Cruise To Nowhere" has the most brutally honest song about being a pub rock band ever.

The Reducers - "Pub Rockin"
Buy "Cruise To Nowhere" here. It's either that or hope that the Something Else guys get pimped another copy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home