Sunday, August 27, 2006

Marathon Man

Ted At Seaport
As much to move the nascent racially-tinged flame war below off the top as anything else, here's a quick note of the Ted Leo show from Friday. I had meant to highlight it in advance, but the day job got in the way. It was the fifth year running that Ted has shown up at the South Street Seaport, and the guy's shows are pretty much the only thing that would drag me down there.

This post would have been up on Saturday night, to be honest, but I had forgotten that posting from my Flickr account would not work with the new version of blogger. So the post got eaten. It wasn't a huge problem, since the post wasn't long, and I've since recycled some of the material into a Sugarzine column. Which will be up soon.

Ted was on pretty good form, and played for about two hours. I did my usual trick of disappearing for tthe encores, so I'm guessing I missed the "Ballad of the Sin Eater", "Come Baby Come", and maybe "Tell Balgeary, Balgury is Dead". Maybe a cover, too. The crowd wasn't that bonkers, but there was plenty of space, some pretty cheap beer, and the weather held off.

More importantly, the new material is sounding pretty good, and if anything more beserker than the "Hearts Of Oak" stuff. I do believe he's gonna put the riffs up front. There's no news of when an album is coming out, but take it from me, Ted, I think it's ready. You'll do Touch And Go proud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home