Friday, April 13, 2007

Please Make The Horrid NyLon Stop

I found myself drawn increasingly into both work, and the search for somewhere new to work, this week. It's a shame because I've been tootling around in my head this post about how the differences between LDN Is A Victim and "New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down" by LCD Soundsystem tell the listener everything they need to know about which city is best.

In the intervening period I suspect someone else has made the same connection, that's if they weren't distracted by the Libertines reunion. For what it's worth, one big difference between NY and London is that Pete Doherty would not get the time of day in the NY tabs, even were he to be dating Kate Moss and ever likely to get a visa.

Anyhoo, if you think that Americans are lacking a sense of humour, listen to the LCD song. It's whimsical, fond, understated, everything that the scattershot sarcasm if LDN... isn't. I was surprised that mocking people that hang out in Shoreditch is still considered current. But then I'm biased.

Have a good weekend. By the time I return, maybe I shall have an apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home