Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Templeton of the Dog

Sir John Templeton is no more. I never made the connection between the Templeton mutual funds and Oxford's Templeton College while I was there, though my lack of interest in mutual funds, and my consummate interest in strong liquor, explain the oversight amply. Well, that and the fact that Templeton is a small-ish college devoted entirely to graduates. I now feel a little ashamed for screaming "Who the f*** is Templeton", as its boat rushed past that of my own college at some speed, rowed by several large American management students. Note also that Templeton is now merging with the infinitely more attractive, though also founded by an American benefactor, Green College.

(The headline is a reference to a legendary grunge tribute album, if anyone's confused. Or interested)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home