Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Endorse There

Several people have commented on the fact that gmail's spam folder usually includes a number of exciting recipes for the excellent pork-based SPAM product.

Gmail has, according to an outfit called Radicati, a 3.5% share of the 668 million email users worldwide, which, if true, would amount to 23 million users. That's a lot of people clearing their spam folders. Have any of them been helping sales of tasty and nutritious SPAM(TM), eh?

Yes, I thought you wanted to know that, so that's what I demanded to know from Hormel foods HQ. We shall see...

In other consumer news, the Great Brooklyn Lager boycott might have gained some traction. At least according to this, hazily-sourced correspondence from the brewery's brewmaster. Which would be nice.

Since, of course, the whole thing was my idea, I think I have a vague stake in the yardsticks by which we measure victory, and they are hardly Rumsfeld-esque:

I'LL STOP TORTURING MYSELF AND WHINING TO MY FRIENDS WHEN YOU STOP ALLYING YOURSELF WITH MARKOWITZ AND RATNER'S SCHEMES. IN FACT, PLEASE KEEP APPEARANCES WITH THE CLOWN MARKOWITZ TO THOSE DEEMED ESSENTIAL TO SELLING YOUR BEER.

Sorry for the all-caps, made me feel better.

We celebrate with some Dr John now. What with it being Mardi Gras, and the manager of Freddy's looking a bit like him, non?

Dr. John - "Party Hellfire (Dub Mix)"
Buy "Dr. John: The Best of the Parlophone Years" here. Somewhere a cajun is weeping

2 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Rediffusion said...

Hi,

Any chance of making this available again? I've been looking for it for years.

Rich ;)

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Gringcorp said...

Send me an email. gringcorp at gmail dot com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home